Remember to click on the pictures below to make them larger.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Did I say heatwave?

On my last post, I was talking about how warm it was--well forget all of that! We're now back into the 20's for highs. Oh well, it is winter after all.

I have completed a few more scrapbook pages. The following is one of my "older" sister and I. I shouldn't emphasize that, because she is afterall, my only sibling. This photo was taken on one of her infrequent visits to Joplin a few years back.

The following picture was just taken two days ago. Kurt plays with a group once a month in Claremore, Oklahoma at the Elks Lodge. This is a group of mostly elderly folks who get together once a month with a covered dinner. This musicians play the old, old tunes of Bob Wills, etc., and those of these lovely older folks get up and dance. They are absolutely an inspiration and even though I am probably the youngest of most of those who attend, they almost can make me feel young! Anyway, our granddaughter, Lauren and her one of her best friends, Julia, went with us this past Thursday. Lauren twin-fiddled with her grandpa and the folks just loved her! They want her to come back. She had so much fun, she has promised to go anytime she can. She has a part-time job and also is in her second year of college, so her time is at a premium, but I know she'll try to fit it in again.

This photo of my sister, Mother, and I was taken outside of Mother's home, probably around 1984. Mother passed away in 1988, and even though she's been gone now for over 19 years, I still think about her just about every day! She was an angel!

This picture was taken a few weeks ago. Kurt taught Checker to fetch a ball which she then transferred to her "ring" frisbee. She had rather play with this than to eat. If she can find where we put it up (out of her site), she'll stand on her hind legs and beg and whine until we finally just let her "hold" it, then she's content for a little while!



Here are our kids on Easter 1998. My how the girls have grown!



Steve pretended to have a broken arm here, trying to shake Marshall up who was planning on Steve playing the piano for the early service at College Heights Christian Church. It was perfect for a good laugh!




That's it for now. Don't forget to leave a comment every now and then so I'll know if anyone is reading this!
Shirley





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep those pages coming! I enjoy seeing the old pictures again...especially of the family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis, Just a note from your "older" sister. You are doing great with your pictures. Wonder what Mother would think about her picture being on computer? Miss her so much.