We have a whole new year stretched ahead of us and I usually by this time have a list of resolutions that I make and seldom keep. This year I'm just making one--I'm just going to try to be better at everything.
This first day of the year has been a rather quiet one for us. We were up until about 1:30 AM on New Years Eve--just doing "nothing." We slept rather late and begun the day watching the Cotton Bowl. We went from that to the Independence Bowl, the Sugar Bowl, the Sun Bowl, the Rose Bowl and seems that there was another one along the way. I may not have these bowls in order, but believe me we had our fill of football today! It was just too cold to get outside or go anywhere. I did make it to Walmart and Food For Less.
I ran across this page I did of my roses this past summer and just looking at it made me feel good. It's a change from the ice and snow. I have to keep remembering that the roses are yet to come and they are out there!
This icy page was in front of the house. You can see our poor dogwood tree lying on the ground behind Kurt and Lauren.
This is a picture of Cricket, the little dog we gave to our friend Sherri. It's pretty obvious Cricket has a good home and fits right in. She doesn't have a clue that she's not as big as her buddy here!
Here is one of my old pictures. It's hard to remember that I was ever that young looking! I was probably in my mid twenties. This was back when I would have my hair done. It was backcombed and pretty well stayed that way until it was time for the next weekly appointment. We wouldn't think of doing that now--it seems that we have to shampoo every day!


2 comments:
That rose looked good to me also. I am ready for some warmer weather. I didn't remember you working at the 3755 SS. I think that is where I started--ole memory is fading.
Love, Sis
Hey Aunt Shirley,
THANK YOU for getting us on this blog thing. I love your posts. As soon as I figure out how to do some of the kewlthings you have on your page, I hope to get ours out of the basic mode. Tell Uncle Kurt to get ready for a ride on the bikewhen I come up there in the spring!!! Love, John & Janice
Post a Comment