Everyone who knows me, knows what a bargain hunter I am. I suppose if I had all the money in the world, I'd still prowl the sales racks and the local Goodwill store. So, after we bought our trike, I knew we would need some warm leather coats to ride in. After shopping at the Harley Shop, we knew we would never pay the $300 - $400 they were asking for coats. So, the fun shopping began. We found Kurt's jacket at Atwoods--it was even trimmed in the Harley colors. We bought this for about 1/4 the cost at the Harley place. We did purchase a Harley patch for the back from them. The next thing was to find someone who could sew the patch onto leather. I tried, but was too heavy for my machine. We called the Harley shop and they gave us the name of a man, Paul Richardson, who has a shop called "Mule & Motorcycle Trade Co." which is was out in the country, south of Granby, MO. He sewed the patch on Kurt's jacket for a mere $5, and did an outstanding job.
Not to be outdone, I took a leather jacket I had purchased last winter (from my favorite store--Goodwill) for $10. It is lambs skin leather--very soft and the jacket is in excellent condition. Kurt insisted that I get a patch sewn on it too. So off we went on Saturday to visit Paul again. We actually purchased my patches from him and for $8 he sewed two patches on my jacket.
Now we are ready for the cooler temps! I can't begin to tell you how much we're enjoying this trike. Kurt is doing a great job "driving" it and it's wonderful just to sit up there and look at the scenery!
Remember to click on the pictures below to make them larger.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Update
Posted by
4man42
at
9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment