Pam had training scheduled in San Francisco and she invited me to go along. I didn't have to think twice about it! Below are some of the pics we both took. Steve was able to meet us there--his plane arriving just minutes before ours and he was waiting at our gate. This is the first time we had seen him since last March! My it was good to see the kid again! This first pictures shows the limo that we took from the airport to the hotel. Would you believe it was cheaper to take the limo than it was to take a shuttle van! So off we went--several of us were packed into this one like sardines. The inside was very luxurious--leather seats and all (would have been better if they were fabric or velco!!! As soon as we got started we all started sliding one way and then another--depending on whether we were going up hill or down hill!
I have to tell the story about the following picture before Pam does. After all of the passengers had been dropped off except us and another couple, we decided we would like to all sit in the back seat and Pam asked the man of the other couple to take our picture. As I was trying to slide over to the back, I got caught between the two seats. Of course we all got tickled and Pam and Steve were begging this man to "shoot"--so he did. There I am in all of my graceful glory. The kids got their first big laugh of the trip at my expense (as usual).

I finally made it for a much better pose.

We stayed at the Hyatt on Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel was only about two blocks from the water. Our first outing was to eat fish and chips out on the side walk.


This Harley Store was just a half block from the entrance to our hotel. I showed the owner of the shop the picture of Kurt in his Indian attire. I gave her the picture and she was so thrilled--said they would post in their main store.

This is Steve's new "California" look.

We took a cruise that took us by Alcatraz and then under the Golden Gate bridge. You can see Alcatraz behind us and the fog in the back ground.

These guys were wind surfing under the bridge. You can't tell but these guys were barefooted! The water temperature was 56 degrees.

This is Alcatraz just as we were leaving the shore. What a lonely looking place it is!!!

We were just about to go under the bridge.

Another shot of Alcatraz.

Pam and Steve on our way back to land.

Steve and I had some real quality visiting time while Pam was shopping on Pier 39. She took this picture on her way back to join us.

Steve and I looked like we were about to be attacked by a giant crab!

This metal sculpture of a toad was in a shop just around the corner from our hotel. Yuck for the frog!!!!!

Pam took this picture just as Steve and I were getting off of a cable car. We became quite adept at getting around on the cars.

We were on our way to China Town. Pam took the following picture at the entrance to China Town.

This picture was taken in front of a sculpture at the Port of San Francisco. Steve and I took a ferry from there to Saltzsolito. It was about a 30 minute trip. While we were there we just strolled around and then ate fish and chips (again) at a side walk cafe.
We crammed a lot into this short trip but it was worth it all just to get to spend some time with both of my kids!!!! I wouldn't trade it!

Until later,
Shirley
No comments:
Post a Comment