Remember to click on the pictures below to make them larger.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Chipping away . . .

I spent most of last evening going through two boxes of pictures and scanning them. Most of them were older pictures taken before the "computer" days. When I look at them I can't help but wish we had had digital cameras in those days. I realize now, that if it weren't for pictures, our past memories would be blurred and faded. I'm hoping that this year I will get all of my pictures transferred to scrapbooking layouts and then I can devote more time to documenting the "Now."

I ran across the following picture that Jack Dawson took one day when he and Ron happened to be at the house at the same time. Ron was standing by the fence and Kurt was closer to Jack. How funny it looks!

This picture is of Kurt and two of his brothers. He later would have a half-brother, Charles, but he would come along much later. Bud lives in Seagoville, Texas, and Ken passed away in 1992.

The picture below was taken with a Poloroid camera (a cheap one). I'm surprised the condition of this picture was as good as it is. This was Pam's first pony--Buttercup!

Oh, yes, by the way, we didn't get any more ice like we were expecting. We sure were happy about that! March is just around the corner, and that sure sounds like spring to us!
Until later,
Shirley


1 comment:

MrsK said...

I knew Curt was Strong, but I had no idea that he could hold a grown man in the palm of his hand! Amazing!!

Caroline