Remember to click on the pictures below to make them larger.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Some more old photos . . .

It's amazing to me when I look back at these old photos of me that I can remember almost all the details of what I was wearing. This top that I have on here was a soft, comfortable knit with faux pearl trimming on the collar. I always wore it with a black straight skirt. Of course I only weighed about 115 pounds here. Boy, that's been a long time back! I believe I was 17 in this picture. Considering I'll be 66 in April, yes, that's a long time ago!
This next page is of my dear Aunt Willie--my Dad's sister. I'll have to say she was a real favorite of mine. Growing up we lived on North First Street and Aunt Willie along with Uncle Marvin, lived on North Fourth Street. We would often walk up to her house to visit her. She never had children, but she had this neat little dog she called "June Bug."

Aunt Willie was so funny. I can remember that when we would take a trip to visit my Dad's parents who lived on the "Plains" of Texas, in a little town of Olton (just pass the town of Muleshoe), Dad would always invite Aunt Willie to go along. We would go by and pick her up and would get out on the highway and she would change her mind. Dad would turn around and take her back the 2 to 3 miles we had gone--pull up in front of her house and then she would change her mind and guess she would go after all. You could almost see Dad's temperature rising by this time. They never had a falling out over it and she would usually end up going about every time. She was a real hoot!


Our monthly trip to Claremore for Kurt to play with the fellows there was cancelled because we're supposed to get another ice storm tomorrow. Maybe they'll miss again like they did last time!

Until later. . .
Shirley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Aunt Willie (Helen) brought back alot of memories. We have to laugh about her indecision. I also remember when she would ride the bus to come see us after she moved to New Boston. If the bus left at eight in the morning, she would be up and dressed by four. Keep up the good work I'm enjoying your blog.
Betty